Business Intern (Senior)
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
We are hiring a Business Intern to assist in the Gas Operations area at our Rice Street Service Center in St. Paul. This internship will have the opportunity to work full-time during the summer with the ability to work part time during the school year. The ideal student will be a Senior undergraduate student who is pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Business, or Data Science.
In this role, you will assist in the day to day operations of the natural gas system. Assist in the creation, maintenance and reporting of systematic maintenance plans for field assets. Other duties will include asset synchronization efficiency projects and overall assistance within the Gas Operations team
- Help with the creation of compliance related records in the standardized tracking system. Assist in the evaluation of compliance programs and be responsible for reporting requests.
- Ability to utilize current Gas Standards to interpolate maintenance plans compliance against existing programs.
- Works to continuously improve reporting solutions.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Must be a current student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Business, or Data Science
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational experience
- Ability to work as a team and take direction from multiple individuals
- Ability to commute to work from St. Paul office (after pandemic)
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the summer
- Ability to work 15-20 hours during the academic year
- Prior experience using SAP
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $19.00 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.