Case Specialist II
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provide strategic project management leadership for the development and execution of major regulatory case filings in each jurisdiction in which Xcel operates, including rate cases, resource planning, certificates of need, investigations, compliance filings, tariff proposals, industry structural proposals and major internal regulatory work projects to achieve results consistent with corporate business objectives. May be required to prepare and sponsor testimony supporting Xcel positions. Apply project management principles to regulatory case management and regulatory initiatives.
- Responsible for overall project management of major regulatory cases, including evaluation, preparation, processing, and implementation of regulatory case filings. Must be able to set out Xcel Energy's positions on specific case issues. Manages project to increase efficiency and quality of regulatory case filings. Coordinate internal and external communication, messaging and media plan development. Manage multiple large projects simultaneously. Apply project management principles to regulatory case management and regulatory initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of regulatory testimony, exhibits, data requests, filing packages, rulemaking comments, and reports for filing with regulatory commissions. Responsible for maintaining compliance with case schedules. Direct interdisciplinary case teams to address case issues and solve problems. Identify and facilitate the involvement of appropriate business groups necessary to complete regulatory filings.
- Develop and support tools to advise all levels of management on case progression and recommend alternative strategies for processing cases. Identify potential outcomes of a particular strategy for management decision-making. Ensure preparation and development of necessary information for financial reporting.
- Identify and interpret complex issues arising in regulatory proceedings. Must have sufficient knowledge of regulatory laws, rules, policies and procedures along with precedent setting orders in multiple jurisdictions to effectively identify issues and must maintain current knowledge of regional and national trends in the regulatory arena.
- Assist with coordination of negotiations when necessary to settle regulatory cases with involved parties. Assist in representing the department and Xcel before regulatory agencies; with internal and external customers; with legal department; and with interveners. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Coordinate complex department work plans with key internal business clients. Negotiate deliverables to facilitate timely completion of complex cases. Assist in the coordination of multiple project plans, tracking systems and compilation of metrics to effectively manage resources and improve process efficiency. Identify opportunities for process improvement to increase productivity. Must be able to present complex information to a highly diverse group of receivers.
- Work with business groups to process and respond to information requests and discovery.
BA/BS in Business or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. 8-10 years experience in regulatory field. Demonstrated experience of existing and emerging competitive regulatory issues. Must be proficient in MS Office Suite. Periodic overnight travel, requires extensive overtime.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $92,300.00 to $130,566.66 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/11/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR102584