Disability Solution Specialist
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Focusing on bringing solutions to the support of the disabled employee and their manager, this position will bring expertise in the area of disability case management, absence management and return to work. A key responsibility will be to maximize the productivity and capabilities of employees throughout the cycle of the occupational and non-occupational illness or injury through the interactive accommodation process with focus on return to work.
- Lead and coordinate the Return-to-Work program, encompassing all programs that support and facilitate employees' return to work following disability, both occupational and non-occupational. This may include, but is not limited to, identifying transitional duties and coordinating redeployment of employees.
- Monitor absence and disability cases. Maintain detailed case notes on employees. Partner with disability/leave vendor on FMLA and short-term disability absences and act as a liaison between the vendor and management. Ensure proper integration of vendor FMLA administration with short term and long-term disability programs and claims. Handle short term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) claim escalations.
- Build partnerships with external disability case managers, HR Partners and Business Consultants, Workforce Relations, EEO, Legal and business area management to coordinate solutions and maintain communication and cooperation regarding work absences and return to work programs and processes.
- Build and maintain effective relationship between the vendor/physician/company/employee to establish an environment that encourages prompt and effective exchange of information to determine the employee's functional ability.
- Develop and deliver training, communication tools and materials to business partners to ensure understanding of program philosophy and initiatives, awareness of available resources, impact of regulatory issues, and employee involvement.
- Monitor classifications of individuals receiving disability benefits to ensure they are receiving proper benefits as aligned with their employment status.
- Required Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related degree or a combination of education and experience.
- Two years of Human Resources related experience.
- Proven communication, problem analysis, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Must be available to travel.
- Preferred: Appropriate certifications in disability management or human resources
- Demonstrated knowledge of disability management theory and practice, relevant state and federal laws and regulations, specifically ADAAA and FMLA, and benefit design and implementation.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $61,500.00 to $87,500.00 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/22/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.