Field Sales Representative - Demand Side Management
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The position of Mid-Market Field Rep is accountable for managing the DSM relationship with assigned mid-market commercial customers (approx. 200-750kw). The objective of this position is to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty through effective implementation of DSM Sales strategies, including collaborative planning and delivery of the demand side management programs and responding to customer needs mainly through on-site visits and other channels of influence including inbound/outbound calling. Develop responsive relationships with business customers, providing them with detailed information, recommendations, and solutions concerning their energy utilization needs. Responsible for DSM sales and customer satisfaction goals. Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will need to work both independently and in a team environment on current projects and new business opportunities.
- Develop and implement effective DSM account management strategy and tactics including: Territory Management and Communication Plan; customer prioritization based on needs; identification of Key Decision Makers and Influencers; Collaborative Account Planning with other field reps and delivery of Demand-side management programs. Work with BSC inside reps in communicating and handing off all other customer service issues including billing, reliability, collections, rate analysis, etc. Utilize approved marketing materials to present DSM presentation and proposal to prospects, identifying benefits and advantages of our products and services. Maintain excellent Customer Satisfaction results while forming the DSM sales relationship process. The position may also require some DSM sales to smaller business customers.
- Promote and sell DSM products and services within assigned territory consisting mainly of mid-sized commercial customer accounts, maintaining a DSM quota and following established guidelines. Partner with the Inside BSC Sales rep to ensure clean and effective hand-off of customer opportunities or issues, when necessary. Obtain resources to meet customers' needs in conjunction with the inside sales staff, BSC representatives, or third-party providers. Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with customers. Proactively cold-call target prospects and leads, opening a line of communication with key contacts to create interest in DSM solutions and services. Build rapport with key contacts by utilizing a consultative approach. Present benefits and obtain commitment to explore DSM opportunities further.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training and reading/research. May provide guidance to less experienced representatives. Address other than DSM customer utility issues during calls and effectively hand them to BSC for back-office follow-up. This will often be required to move customers to consideration of energy efficiency programs. Requires effective team-working skills to work with internal and external customers.
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of inside or outside sales, marketing, or customer service experience and proven results preferred.
- Experience working with Commercial Customers a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, working knowledge of DSM marketing programs, applicable rates, and Customer Resource System (CRS) and Salesforce desired.
- Demonstrated high levels of customer focus, teamwork skills, and work plan initiative.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000.00 to $85,332.00 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/29/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR101578