Fleet Mechanic B- Silverthorne, CO
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
We anticipate the need for one or more Mechanic B to join the Xcel Energy team at our Service Center in Silverthorn, Colorado! The starting rate of pay for this position is $42.39 hourly.
As a Fleet Mechanic B, you will be responsible to inspect, service, repair and maintain vehicles, trailers, aerials and other power operated equipment. Work will be performed primarily in company service garages as well as occasional job site field work. Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision and be highly motivated, customer service driven, detail oriented and quality focused. Position will involve frequent lifting in excess of 50 pounds, as well as prolonged standing. The ability to inspect, service and diagnose as well as properly make minor and major repairs to electrical, hydraulic, air conditioning, gasoline and diesel systems are key success factors for this position.
- Successful applicant must have a High School Diploma or GED and meet the following criteria:
- A technical, vocational or trade school diploma, or degree in automotive truck and/or heavy equipment service repair and maintenance, or 3 years of continuous work history in this field. Other forms of experience/training/schooling may be considered equivalent such as military and veterans training programs, as determined by the Company.
- A minimum of 2 years verifiable experience in the automotive/truck field is required.
- Successful applicant must meet all requirements of FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a Commercial Driver's License (CDL Class A) or be able to obtain one within 3 months of hire at the employee’s expense.
- Applicant must hold 6 current Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Automotive or Truck certifications or 6 equivalent certifications, as determined by the Company.
- Applicant must have the ability to read and understand the English language, perform basic mathematics and possess basic computer skills.
- Successful applicant must furnish standard and metric tools in accordance with the fleet department's required tool list.
- · A high level of safety awareness with a demonstrated commitment to working safely at all times is required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $42.39 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Personal Leave, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/25/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.