Inside Sales Representative - Demand Side Management
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The Inside Sales Representative is accountable for managing the Conservation Improvement Programs (CIP) - Demand Side Management (DSM) relationship with small and mid-size commercial customers. Energy Efficiency Consultants must develop consultative business relationships and increase market penetration by engaging business owners, understanding their needs, analyzing complex details of programs and technologies and recommending solutions concerning energy utilization and efficiency needs. Responsible for the implementation of customized CIP-DSM solutions by creating successful sales strategies, influence through multiple channels, including on-site visits, collaborative planning and active project management. Partner with other business areas, work independently and collaboratively to meet individual and team goals and achieve regulatory filed CIP-DSM goals in multiple states.
- Promote and sell CIP-DSM products and services to commercial customers by proactively targeting prospects and generating leads to create interest in CIP-DSM solutions and services in order to meet or exceed annually filed electric and gas savings targets. Create strategies based on an accurate map of prospects, their business situation, decision-makers, etc. to design and execute campaigns to drive additional business. Record activities in Salesforce regarding project details with various project contributors to build an accurate database of useful information and to support forecasting. Identify new business opportunities suitable for product development. Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with customers.
- Responsible for project management and coordination between external customers, engineers, vendors, and contractors, as well as, internal engineers, field representatives and program managers. Analyze customer needs and project scope to recommend relevant energy efficiency solutions. Keep informed of new product development and selling techniques applicable to business-to-business marketing by attending trade shows, reading technical publications, internet sources, networking, and accepting development opportunities. Address other utility concerns outside of DSM with customers to help facilitate the customer to consider energy efficiency programs. Share innovated sales tactics, new technologies and provide insightful feedback to program management.
- Follow up on all leads within assigned territory from various marketing campaigns and from contacts received through other channels, including inbound interactions. Develop these leads into prospects by communicating CIP-DSM value proposition customized to their needs. Utilize consultative approach to build rapport, prioritize needs and identify key decision makers and influencers. Responsible for accurately reporting and documenting all contacts, and engaging in timely follow-up with prospective clients.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 or more years of sales, marketing, energy efficiency or utility experience preferred.
- Energy efficiency designations such as CEM, BEP or CLEP preferred.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills required. Experience in project management, Salesforce, Microsoft Office and ability to adapt to a changing work environment required.
- Experience working with commercial customers and knowledge of utility or energy efficiency marketing programs desired.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $17.40 to $26.22 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Spot On Bonus, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/29/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR101577