Journeyman Lineman - Eau Claire, WI
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Lineman at our Black Ave Service Center in Eau Claire, WI. The starting base Journeyman pay for this position is $53.31 hourly. Normal work hours are 6:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.
This position will be posted for 15 Working days from September 28th, 2023 - October 19th, 2023.
Primary responsibilities consist of but are not limited to installation, maintenance and removal of overhead transmission conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, perform hot stick work on energized high voltage conductors, work in inclement weather, be available for callout work, and all other work as outlined in the lineman position.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must presently be qualified as a Journeyman Lineman and have a working knowledge of all phases of Distribution and Transmission Construction, Maintenance and Operating
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills
- Requires participation in after-hour emergency callouts in all kinds of weather conditions
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required
- Must be committed to working safely and compliance with all company safety rules
- Must be of adequate physical stature to perform routine physical labor associated with line work, including but not limited to: lifting, climbing, working in confined spaces, operation of equipment
- Willing to travel and work away from home
- Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A
- This position is subject to D.O.T. random drug and alcohol testing program
- Two or more years of transmission line construction & maintenance experience
- Experience with track vehicles, wire tensioning equipment, and other line construction equipment
- Transmission hot work experience
- Technical School Lineman degree
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $53.31 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Additional days off, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.