Mgr, Rate Cases
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Manage the successful development, filing, and processing of rate cases for the Minnesota Company.
- Direct a rate case team made up of directors and managers from various areas within Xcel's organization and hold overall accountability for rate case. Provide direction and management to contractors providing support for rate case preparations; develop presentations and updates for Governance Council Leadership; coordinate the overall preparation of rate case testimony, schedules and work papers; ensure complete, accurate and timely filings of general rate cases; develop and manage project work plan; prioritize the overall objectives of a rate case filing based on the business strategies of each business unit; conduct regular team meetings to ensure progress and resolve issues.
- Conduct outreach with other parties and participate as a leader in settlement discussions, as appropriate, to ensure effective resolution of issues. Ensure that adequate resources are dedicated to rate case projects.
- Facilitate the development of policy issues and advocacy to be included in the rate case filing. Ensure adequate communication and coordination within the company to produce a clear and persuasive case. Oversee discovery process to ensure timely and complete responses to information requests from parties.
- Identify the revenue requirements needs of the various jurisdictions and develop a plan to assure timely and strategic filing of rate cases.
- Sponsor oral and written testimony, as required.
- Provide timely updates to management regarding case development.
BA/BS in business, economics, or related field required. MA or higher degree desirable. Five to 10 years of regulatory experience.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $122,000.00 to $173,933.33 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/11/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR102582