Principal Attorney - Commercial
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provides legal counsel to Xcel Energy and its subsidiaries and manages outside counsel. Regularly handles routine legal matters without assistance from other attorneys and trends toward handling a significant number of complex matters without assistance.
- Prepares complex contracts, pleadings, briefs, and other legal documents for business transactions or legal proceedings.
- Provides counsel to Xcel Energy management on legal, business, legislation, regulation and strategic matters.
- Represents Xcel Energy in courts, regulatory agencies and other adjudicatory or adversarial proceedings.
- Provides opinions on policy questions and legal implications of Xcel Energy operations.
- Juris Doctorate degree from ABA accredited law school.
- 6-10 years of practice in corporate law department, law firm, government practice or equivalent legal experience.
- Buy-side experience negotiating Professional Services, Consulting Services, Engineering Services, contracts required.
- Experience negotiating Marketing and Customer Facing Agreements, including contract risk review for Brand and Advertising
- Energy experience, including Nuclear and Facilities Attachments
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $139,400.00 to $197,466.66 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/21/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR102930