Product Sales Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The Product Sales Engineer (PSE) is a customer facing role which has deep technical product knowledge/expertise to provide engineering support to the sales channels and customers for large commercial and industrial energy projects. Carries out complex and innovative assignments requiring the design of new or improved energy solutions for customers. Performs as an advisor and consultant in technical specialty to advise and propose sales solutions.
- Understand customers energy needs, performances and gaps. Provide insight, direction, design and proposals for customer energy solutions.""
- Partner with internal stakeholders (operations, sales, customer care) to gain exposure and understand product/service/customer interactions and experiences.
- Collaborate with customers and sales channels to identify, develop, and optimize, complex projects including energy efficiency improvements, production line improvements, commercial building efficiencies, demand response solutions. Remain involved with projects during the implementation phase to achieve exemplary customer experiences.
- Conduct Engineering review.
- Share customer feedback with Xcel Energy stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field 5-8 years of work experience within the electric delivery industry which includes five (5) years of energy efficiency project management, energy storage, renewable or backup generation experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with and present to customers to drive major projects.
- Sense of urgency, and a competitive spirit.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-starter who works well in fast-paced environment.
- High technical aptitude.
- Comfortable and professional on the phone, video, and in person.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales processes, electric distribution grids, and energy management/efficiency.
- Preferred Advanced degree Professional Engineer License from a state within the company's service territory (MN, ND, SD, WI, TX, CO, NM).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $81,000.00 to $115,866.66 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/22/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR102883