Senior Accounting Analyst
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position will require you to rotate through different departments and/or perform ad-hoc projects to allow for an individual to network and understand the business. This individual will be provided opportunities to steer their career towards a specific department.
Perform general accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting close cycles and the development of subsequent internal and external financial statements and reports, including entries, analysis and reconciliation of accounting ledgers and other accounts and preparation of inter-company billings, property valuations, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of subsequent internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings. May assume a lead role, responsible for the accurate and timely analysis and reporting of various business cycles.
- Collect and analyze a variety of complex financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare complex accounting ledger entries, prepare reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, and prepare property valuations. Select methods and techniques to analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in or lead special projects as assigned. Projects may include, but are not limited to testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, conducting financial analysis and developing ad hoc reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance and consultation to clients within supported business area, including, but not limited to interpretation of account codes or financial reports, providing project status reports, and work order resolution. Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties. Consult with co-workers, clients and management on technical accounting or system-related matters.
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations and internal and external financial reporting requirements. Uses broad understanding of accounting and GAAP practices to resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative ways.
- May provide work direction and training to other analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in general financial accounting and reporting experience, with an emphasis on complex accounting issues, processes, and multiple company accounting. Note: Candidates with a Master's Degree or certification such as CPA, CMA, CFA, etc or investment banking or public accounting background may be granted years of experience to reach the 4-year minimum.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and legal principles, analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working with SAP highly desirable.
- CPA, CMA, CFA, investment banking or public accounting background preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $68,000.00 to $96,665.67 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.