Senior Financial Analyst
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Perform and coordinate the development, tracking, reporting and analysis of financial information, including financial reporting, budget creation, and financial analysis. Provide proactive, clear and actionable recommendations and alternatives to management. Document key processes and internal control points for reporting to management. Direct activities of other analysts as appropriate.
- Perform ongoing tracking, analysis and revisions as required for supported areas of O&M and capital costs. Work with Business Area leaders to provide projections of the impact of deviations on the financial outlook for the remainder of the year. Prepare internal and external reports, and identify and resolve moderate to complex data issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact. Effectively communicate results through concise oral and written communications.
- Provide financial analysis and support to management for the annual budget process, as well as modeling, analysis and financial support for current year and five year forecasting.
- Document key processes of supported areas to ensure consistency and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Provide proactive process improvement recommendations and assist in implementing the accepted solutions.
- Prepare rate case information and analysis as required to support submission. Assist in performing regulatory support for requests or associated schedules.
- Performs and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or related business degree or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in general financial accounting or analysis. Note: Candidates with a Master's Degree or certification such as CPA, CMA, CFA, etc or investment banking or public accounting background may be granted years of experience to reach the 4-year minimum.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, problem solving, customer service, and relationship building desired
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $68,000.00 to $96,665.67 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR101505