Sr HR Generalist
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Primary contact and facilitator for HR services. Champions and implements HR initiatives and best practices. Provides HR related advice and counsel to business area employees and managers that is in accordance with company policies, practices, systems, and processes. Ensures compliance with federal and state legal requirements. Directs, implements and communicates programs and services in the areas of benefits, compensation, staffing, performance management and other HR areas.
- Integrated with the Nuclear business area to understand current business need and recommending solutions to complex issues relating to human resources and the business area. Demonstrated agility to manage multiple issues and projects
- Leads and partners with other HR areas on day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Manage the performance management process to ensure effective and timely use. Support leaders in addressing and communicating employee performance issues and in developing performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Analyze data and trends and clearly communicates these trends to the business. Works with the HR Business Partner to incorporate employee insights into organizational strategies.
- Thinks innovatively to develop, coordinate, and recommend changes for the improvement of HR processes. Takes initiative to implement these changes.
- Collaborates with other HR areas to develop, implement and communicate HR plans, programs and services to the business areas.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management and interpersonal communication.
- Four years human resource generalist experience or related HR experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification and Master's Degree in HR or similar field preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to the Nuclear Power Plant highly preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $69,700.00 to $99,100.00 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/25/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR102971