Sr. Regulatory Analyst
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Manage the development and execution of regulatory projects including Demand Side Management (DSM) plans, DSM portions of Integrated Resource Plans and testimony for rate hearings in the various Xcel jurisdictions. Actively manage relationships with regulatory staff on all projects related to DSM requirements and strategic planning for financial recovery of costs and performance incentive mechanisms for DSM in all jurisdictions. Participate in and advise on business integrated planning efforts, supporting Product development in the analysis of new program concepts.
- Lead cross-functional teams to complete mandated DSM plans and interface with business unit leadership and management and individuals from other internal organizations including Rates, Law, Regulatory & Government Affairs, Corporate Communication, and Resource Planning.
- Manage and prepare regulatory testimony, exhibits, data requests, filing packages, comments and reports for filing with regulatory bodies. Ensure compliance with all demand side management and demand response regulatory and legal requirements across all Company jurisdictions. Oversee large project initiatives to ensure proper management and cost recovery.
- Assume lead responsibility for presenting to and maintaining relationships with internal and external parties. Represent Xcel Energy and participate in regulatory agency functions such as open meetings, workshops, hearings, and private discussions on issues of interest to the company. Prepare summaries of regulatory activities and position papers; make oral briefings to executives, management, and employees.
- Develop and maintain demand side management tracking systems to ensure that historical and forecasted long-run impacts are maintained and updated as necessary for each jurisdiction. Advise on business-integrated resource planning efforts and analyze and report on changes in regulations and their expected impacts. Assess regulatory developments in other states relative to DSM and maintain a knowledgebase of alternative methodologies and regulatory structures.
- Initiate, advise and strategically negotiate agreements with regulators and interveners to settle regulatory cases and align with corporate strategy.
- Manage overall DSM financial operations, including cost recovery and controls and ensure accurate financial reporting. Monitor and maximize performance-based incentives.
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field (6 years experience in related field may substitute for degree).
- 5 years experience in business planning, regulatory process, marketing and/or project management.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000.00 to $112,999.00 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.