Temporary Utility Helper - Grand Forks, ND
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
We are looking for one or more Temporary Utility Helper(s) to join our team at our Grand Forks Service Center in Grand Forks, ND. The starting rate of pay for this position is $27.85 hourly. This position will be posted for 10 working days from February 8, 2023 to February 23, 2023.
As a utility worker you will work as part of Gas construction, maintenance and operations crew, including work with gas services and mains, operate mechanical trenching/excavating equipment and related tools necessary to install gas mains and services. Plastic pipe fusion, service regulators, odorization, meter and regulation, tapping, operational surveys, customer priority work, fitting, knowledge and ability to respond to gas leak (inside and outside) investigation/emergencies, gas leak repair, cathodic protection, locating, meter reading, valve maintenance and material handling, district regulator maintenance, instrument calibration, meter and large regulator.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Must possess a valid drivers license and be able to obtain a Class A commercial drivers license (must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR Parts 382 and 391)
3. One or more years Gas Construction and/or Gas service experience desired
4. Must be certified in plastic fusion per Xcel requirements within 6 months of hire
5. Able to lift 50 pounds
6. High awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules
7. Technical degree in gas utility construction, experience in gas regulation and knowledge of gas appliances, experience in operating mechanical trenching/excavating equipment, and electronic locating and testing equipment is desired.
8. Required to use and learn MDT processes as needed for required documentation.
9. Must able to meet all requirements of Gas Technician apprentice program.
1. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships in a team-oriented environment.
3. Direct customer contact experience desirable.
4. Position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements
5. Pass the Gas Respirator Qualification test.
6. Must live within a 20-mile radius of the service center.
7. Subject to on-call duty on a rotating basis.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $27.85 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Not Applicable
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/22/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.