Temporary Utility Worker C - Aurora or Arvada, CO
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
We anticipate the need for one or more Temporary Utility Worker C at our Aurora, or Arvada CO Operations Center. The starting rate of pay for this position is $27.45 hourly.
Assist a higher classification in all of gas and electric facilities including the use of hand operated tools, small engine driven and pneumatic equipment i.e., jack hammer, clay spade Hilit, tamper, etc. Assist a higher classification with the assembly and placement of gas and electric Distribution facilities. Perform handling and moving material and equipment in the field and shop i.e., obtaining material from Stores Dept., stocking trucks and shop. Assist a higher classification on all inside and outside leak survey, and any Gas or Electric patrols. Performs general housekeeping of vehicles, shop, job site, tools, and other equipment. Can complete other assignments as directed by a higher-level classification and work alone to perform these functions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have passed the EEI Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) selection test
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must have, or obtain within 120 days of start date, a valid CDL and pass a DOT physical
- Physical abilities necessary for lifting, climbing, digging, working in tight areas, and working with specialized equipment and tools
- Must be able to lift 80 Pounds and work in all weather conditions
- Applicant is required to successfully pass the Xcel Energy screening requirements, which include a drug test and security clearance
- Exams that are required by federal regulations, such as OSHA and DOT, will be performed
- Class A CDL Permit
**NOTE: This position requires two assessments prior to being considered for an interview so please read the following instructions carefully:
Step 1 Application and Online Assessment:
1. Create a profile by applying for a position
2. Apply to the job posting.
3. Should you meet the minimum qualifications; you may receive an invitation to complete an online assessment. Please follow the assessment instructions carefully and complete the online assessment within 72 hours.
Step 2 EEI Testing:
4. If your assessment results and application best meet the qualifications for the position, you will be invited to take the EEI Test via email.
5. Sign up for the test using the link in email invitation.
6. After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email to take the test. You can prepare for the test using the study information sent to you.
7. The test results will be sent via email within 2 weeks of completing the test.
8. The applications of successful candidates will be sent to the hiring leader for review.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $27.45 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Not Applicable
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 04/29/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: JR102242